Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cuddly Chow

These were done at the Dog Run park in West Village, New York, on a class sketching trip, about a month ago. I didn't draw much 'coz I was having too much fun playing with all the dogs there! We were finally asked to pick a breed and design it as a cartoon character. I was drawn to a bear-like, gorgeous Chow Chow. This one, Marie, was a mix; a friendly but lazy cutie (seen relaxing above). I decided to turn her into an authentic Chow in my designs...

Copyright 2009 by Kaukab Basheer

2 comments:

  1. ain't drawin' at the dog park a blast? :3 the different breeds and varieties are what make dogs so endlessly fun for me. I love your dog-ricature of Marie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, drawing animals is so much fun. I CAN'T WAIT to take Deborah Ross' Animal Drawing class!
    (I really like the cartoon character you've made of your dog. Very cute.)

    ReplyDelete