Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My First Film

Love Your Feathers! 'premiered' on April 28th.. Screened on May 6th at the SVA theatre, NY...

My animator friend and fellow SVA student, Andy Scherman, gave the incredible flute track. This strictly independent film took about 5 months, from start to finish.. Learnt A LOT from it, lol.. If I'd had a little more time for planning and perfecting the timing, it would've turned out much better.

For the curious non-animators out there, this film consists of 560 hand-drawn, traditional drawings - not counting the backgrounds.

Enjoy :)

video

Copyright 2009 by Kaukab Basheer

Now that I'm done sweating over my film, I've given myself a few projects to work on. One of them, turning this film into a children's story book...

10 comments:

  1. I can never get tired of watching this. Once again, wonderful work Kaukab!

    By the way, I passed this on to some of my friends & family back home & they absolutely loved it, especially the young ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, you are so gifted and thank you for sharing this beautiful work with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having had the pleasure of observing as each frame came to life during the entire movie making process, I am delighted to see it now and absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaw.. Thanks, guys!!!
    (Junaid, you were an important part of this film.. Couldn't have done it without you!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done Kaukab! I enjoyed watching. Thank you for the comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you, Amir, for liking my film :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWw baj!! This is an awesome movie!!! Loved it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Sabz!!! I'm sick of my film.. Can't stand it :) but glad you liked it! Hmmm, don't know what my next short film should be about.. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice film!!! I'm glad you made it into a Spanish screening festival also, you deserve it :) congrats Kaukab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful and inspiring work! Bravo! Thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete